“A man cannot directly choose his circumstances, but he can choose his thoughts, and so indirectly, yet surely, shape his circumstances.”

As surely as the sun rises in the East and sets in the West, here is a plan that will transform your personality into whatever you wish it to be:
Place this page on the walls of your room. Each night before you retire, relax, shut out all other thoughts and repeat the following, with firm determination to build it into your character, keeping your eyes fixed upon the picture of each character as you repeat the words which indicate the qualities you wish to build by emulating that character:
LINCOLN: As I look upon your face I definitely pledge my earnest efforts to develop in my own character those qualities of patience, tolerance and love for all humanity, the weak and the strong, friend and foe, which were your distinguishing marks. I will emulate your example by looking for the good there is in others and by developing a love for justice.
EMERSON: As I look upon your face I resolve to develop in my own character those qualities which helped you to leave your footprints on the sands of time, namely, the ability to read the handwriting of Nature, as it is written in the faces of men, in flowing brooks, in the flowers, in growing trees, in the singing birds, in the faces of little children and in the rocks of prison walls.
ELBERT HUBBARD: As I look upon your face I resolve to develop in my own character that rare ability, that was your distinguishing mark, to state my conclusions in words that vibrate with life, action and enthusiasm.
WASHINGTON: As I look upon your face I resolve to develop courage and the persistence with which to complete all that I undertake.
NAPOLEON: As I look upon your face I resolve to develop the strategic ability to lay hold of the organized forces that are available for my use, and to develop the self-confidence to master all handicaps which come my way. You shall serve as a constant reminder that the quitter never wins; that eternal vigilance and the courage to carry on in spite of every obstacle are the price of success.
________________________________
(Sign here)
“Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become. Your Vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your Ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil.”—ALLEN.
Source: Napoleon Hill’s Magazine. September, 1921. Pg. 24.